Subject: Re: gcc alpha-netbsd-elf patches?
To: Richard Henderson <rth@cygnus.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/27/1997 13:18:27
> I'm currently reworking some of the OS support in the gcc Alpha backend,
> and am looking for whatever patches NetBSD uses, especially wrt ELF
> support.  I tried contacting CGD directly a couple of weeks ago with no
> response.

Well, I don't recall seeing your message anywhere in my inbox, which
means that either I didn't get it, I accidentally refiled it to hell
and it's polluting another of my mail folders, or I accidentally
deleted it.

Given that i've recently been moving, I could believe that I did one
of the latter two, or even replied to it, and don't remember...  8-)

> Please reply directly, as I am not a member of this list.

Unfortunately, the NetBSD patches can't be submitted for inclusion
into GCC at this time, because they were written while I was working
for a previous employer (CMU) which, despite a promise to the
contrary, has never been able to get me any sort of release for them
which make them acceptable to the FSF.

I would be interested in redoing those patches, however; please
contact me via seperate, private e-mail.

chris