Subject: followup question
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/26/1997 19:08:10
To be more concrete, the check for a 64K .got segment is in
the gnu BFD library, in elf64-alpha.c, where MAX_GOT_ENTRIES
is defined as (64 * 1024 / 8).

The error message for exceeding MAX_GOT_ENTRIES has the text
"64K" wired into it, strangely enough -- what I could use
help in figuring out while waiting for my hardware reference
manuals is this:  Is this constant related to table space
in the loader only, or is there some sort of hardware constraint
on how many entries we can meaningfully use because of register
or addressing limits in the processor?

Can I just go increase the size, or do we just lose? :)