Subject: Re: read only /
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/12/1997 00:22:31
At 04:27 PM 8/11/97 -0700, Ross Harvey wrote:
>This solves a recurring problem with port-alpha.

>My original idea was for port-alpha; it seems like this should very
>neatly get around the problem where OSF/1 (OK, DU) can't export a
>NetBSD /dev due to device number mangling on the server.

Could we NFS export from the DU box to the NetBSD/Alpha box and run
MAKEDEV on the NFS mounted FS?

The tar those up on the DU end? Would somebody be able to restore the
/dev from that tar onto another DU box and have it work for NetBSD?

I couldn't have been the first one to think of this...
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/