Subject: Anyone have an EB64+ that boots?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Culpepper <Benjamin.Culpepper@Eng.Sun.COM>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/04/1997 12:15:03
Hi

I have an EB64+ that I'd like to put NetBSD on, but I don't have a ROM with
the SRM console firmware on it.  All I have is the ARC firmware, and some
debug monitor thing that can only boot off a floppy or the serial port.  Does
anyone out there have an image of the SRM console firmware that I could
ftp?  I'd really like to get this thing working...

Alternatively, I guess I could try dd'ing the 1.2 image onto a SCSI disk and
downloading the primary boot program via serial or floppy.  I'm not exactly
sure how to go about doing this, however.  As far as I can tell, if I have the
second-stage bootstrap program (/usr/mdec/boot) in the root directory of my
root filesystem, SOMETHING should happen if I can manage to get the first-stage
bootstrap (/usr/mdec/bootxx) loaded and executed.  Is this right?  Can anyone
estimate my chances with this working?

Jack