Subject: Re: Heads-up: bootinfo/DDB changes
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/25/1997 12:41:25
>  > >> 	- New way of passing information from boot program to the kernel.
>  > >> 	  Now a structure is used, but the kernel will fall back on the
>  > >> 	  old method if the structure is not passed.
>  > >
>  > >FWIW, these changes are not yet completely finalized yet, but any
>  > >changes won't be done in a backward-compatible way.
>  >
>  >
>  > Flag Day, then?
>
> My changes did not require a flag day, but apparently Chris's changes
> to my changes will, when he makes them.  *shrug*

Uh, no (and if the changes had been presented to me and OK'd before
they were committed, as they should have been, then there would have
been _no_ chance for a "flag day," and no confusion, either).

I posted that note because i didn't wnat people to think that those
changes were finished yet.  They're not.

cgd