Subject: Re: Crippled Alpha chips?
To: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@cpio.org>
From: G. Scott Lloyd <gscott@altatech.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/17/1997 17:15:24
> J. Joseph Max Katz" <jkatz@cpio.org> wrote:
> 1) What disk are you using to try and get the console to do SRM?

The SRM I'm trying (with the -P7 500 MHz chip on AlphaPC 164) is the one
that comes with the Alpha Evaluation Board Software Developer's Kit and
Firmware Update CD Ver. 2.1. The console included is SRM V4.5-14 (for
evaluation only). I understand there is a later version (V4.8) of the SRM
available for the AlphaPC 164. Please advise me if you know of a source.

The SRM for the AlphaPC 164 is not available on the net (at least under
the name I'm looking for). The AlphaPC 164 is not one of the listed
machines on the DEC ftp site.

--Scott