Subject: Discussion NetBSD on XL266
To: None <c-brownd@mail.digital.com>
From: Tom Linden <tom@gunn.thirdmillenium.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/08/1997 15:22:54
	I will try the ARC 4.49 that you are sending me.  If that does
	not work, I may still try the AlphaStation 200/250 Firmware
	(pursuant to the message from Drew which I forwarded to you )
	V5.9, which includes

        1. Latest Firmware Update Revisions

             The latest Firmware Update Bootfile "AS200_V5_9.EXE" on the
             Alpha Firmware CD V3.9,  contains the SRM Console V6.4, which
             has the following components (* = CHANGED since last
release) :

                        APU  5.9 *
                        SRM  6.4 *
                        ARC  4.49
                 BIOS (SRM)  1.15a
                 BIOS (ARC)  2.02
                VMS PALcode  5.56-2
                OSF PALcode  1.46-2

	with this approach I will need to have the documented ability of
	jumper J5 to load the firmware from floppy.  I have tried
	moving the jumper, but to no avail, the ARC firmware still loads.

	Is the documentation wrong?  Is this jumper disabled?

	regards