Subject: Re: Alpha pci133 Memory
To: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/1997 17:56:54
Stan Pietkiewicz wrote

> Now that I've got some time to put this motherboard into a case, add some
>  more parts, and call it a computer, a significant question has come up:
> Will 16mb of RAM be enough for NetBSD (for a file server), or should I go
> for more??
>
> Yeah, I know, all requirements will grow to fill the available memory
> space in no time flat!!!!
>
> Considering this is a relatively low priority project, I'm not too
> inclined to spend a really big pile of money for 64mb, when 16 will
> do....

Hmm, I am running this machine with 32MB and its getting a bit
tight... (with squid, inn, apachei, msql,  mail-server etc...). I consider
32MB a bare minimum. I wouldn't dare running it with 16MB

If you can spare the extra cash for memory would be a good investment.
Well I am going to get another 32MB soon.....

just my 2 Pfennig

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf