Subject: Re: Audio connector on DEC 3000 models
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/03/1997 09:06:56
> On my DEC 3000/400, I only see a phone handset connector for audio.  Are
> there any other connectors for audio on this guy (specifically, the line
> in/out connectors)?  I know the other 3000 models have mini phono jacks,
> but I didn't see any on the 400.  Is there an internal loudspekaer?
> (Okay, I suppose I _could_ take it apart and look).

it looks like a phone handset connector, but i'm somewhat willing to
bet that it's not electrically compatible with one.  I dunno for sure,
though.

I seem to recall 3000-family machines being shipped with headsets,
i.e. speaker on a headset, and either a separate mike or a mike on the
headset itself.

Which 3000 models have mini phono jacks?  the just 3000/300 faimly?
or other [4-9]00 models?

chris