Subject: 24 bit jpegs
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Veraldi <veraldi@sunvlsi2.bo.infn.it>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/26/1997 11:35:44
Sorry people once again for my message not really for NetBSD problems.
I ask this to one of you who may have some experience on working with Digital
Unix.
I Cannot view 24-bit jpegs with the imageviewer program in the digital
unix distribution as well as I CAnnot with XV.
But of course I can change the colour of borders and windows
and it displays to me really 24 bit colors.

So what could be the problem.
If I try to view a 24 bit image it is bad showed and I have to convert
it to 8-bit, as well when it is converted to 8-bit the screen blinks to
strange colors when I click on the image to view it at 8-bits.
seems like my palette does nto support 24-bit.
Anyway I have a DEC Zxlp-E 4Megs RAM graphic accelerator,
so I shouldn't have this behaviour.
THe thing is that I installed Digital Unix on the srm console 3.7,
could this be a reason?
I should have installed it on the 3.8 firmware update, but on MY multia
the jumprs are set iun a way that they prevent any write action on the ROM
and I do not know what are the jumpers and how to set them.
I Hope someone for God could help me.

thanx

Rick