Subject: questions about XalphaNetBSD and ddb
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/21/1997 00:17:39
(New to this list, please redirect me if need be...)

I just grabbed NetBSD/alpha for the first time, and cannot locate
the  X11 diffs mentioned in the README.files.  Only the toolchain
diffs appear to be on ftp.netbsd.org.

Can someone tell me what the XalphaNetBSD server is?  The  readme
suggests  it  is  XFree86,  but  the  binaries  don't  include an
XF86Config or more than the one server,  which  doesn't  seem  to
understand  a TGA-2 (I believe Digital UNIX 4.0a..c is supporting
only TGA-2 and the S3-Trio, so there are going to  be  a  lot  of
them  out there...).  I believe the Digital Linux group put out a
server for each  of  TGA-1  and  TGA-2  boards  for  Linux  using
XFree86, but is there anything for NetBSD?

Is  ddb something likely to appear on the Alpha port (or a kernel
debugger of any sort for EB164, PC164)?