Subject: Re: Alpha Server2000
To: None <manar@ivision.co.uk, matt@3am-software.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/09/1997 08:32:10

>At 01:16 PM 5/9/97 +0100, Manar Hussain wrote:
>>I can't seem to find definitive info on the level of support NetBSD/Alpha
>>has for the Alpha Server2000 - can anyone give me a summary as to how
>>viable it is to run NetBSD on this model?
>
>None of the AlphaServes 1000, 2x00, 4x00 are supported by NetBSD/alpha.

Ah, but Alan Poston is buying me a 4000 at NASA and I'll be porting to it.

So- Matt- I can't figure out from the low tech content web pages- is
the 4000 more like a 8X00 (i.e., with a TurboLaser bus) than a AlphaStation600
(with a CIA chip set)? The pictures make it look like the latter, the
numbers make it look like the former.

-matt