Subject: Re: anyone seen a crash in pmap_emulate_reference?
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/06/1997 17:28:51
Curt Sampson wrote

> On Sat, 3 May 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing lots of crashes, almost all VM or pmap related. I'm
> > working on further analysis of the problem, but it's slow going.
>
> Well, I finally found out the source of my problem: my 15 ns cache
> chips cannot be run at 15 ns. Switching the jumper to 20 ns solved
> the problem for me. *Sigh*.

This is exactly what happened to a lot of other users I know using the
AXPpci33 and 1MB-15ns RAM. This why I am so reluctant to purchase some.

Anyone running 1MB-15ns on a AXPpci? If so, I would like to get to
know the brandname and type of those chips.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au