Subject: New Panic
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/29/1997 01:08:44
Well, I managed to get a kernel recompiled. Still the same core-dumping
problems, although I've just realised that the large number (as in
one every few minutes) of `Processor correctable error encountered'
messages I got with the older kernels have been gone since I started
using the newer ones.

I crashed this time while doing a `make obj' in one window and a
`find' in the same directory tree in another, but with a completely
new error:

    pmap_enter: already in pv_tab

I've got a core from savecore, but `target kcore' doesn't seem to
work anymore (in the latest snapshot). If someone wants to tell me
how to use this corefile, I can do backtraces and whatnot.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'