Subject: Re: Cc problems with 970423 snapshot
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/28/1997 12:00:30
> I've just untarred the 970423 snapshot over my AXPpci33 system made
> from the early March sanpshot, in the hope of fixing this problem,
> but it hasn't worked. Quite regularly when I'm compiling I get
>
>     cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>
> I restart the make and the file compiles fine, but then the error
> re-appears again a few files later.

I missed the start of this thread, but I have (had) the above problem
too.  However, on a '486 running netbsd-1.2, building a kernel or
trying to upgrade to -current (several times over the past couple of
months). I didn't have the same problems with my alpha (using the same
source code, running first snapshot >1.2). Therefore, I assumed the
problem had to be hardware-related (memory-errors???) instead of
software-related. However, last week, I managed to upgrade the 486 to
current with a single `make', after building a kernel first. Building
this kernel was a bit nighmarisch; it took me about a dozen attempts to
complete the `make depend'. But after that no real problems, which is
great, but also a bit strange...

I guess the above is not of much help and maybe unrelated, but I thought
I'd better mention it...

Feico.