Subject: Re: SMC ISA or NE-2000 clone on an AXPpci33 machine: does this work?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/10/1997 13:50:48
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

> 3c509s either work or are very close to working (like, you might have
> to ifconfig it down then up an extra time to make it work).

The PCI 3x5x9 and 3x9xx cards should work fine on the Alpha if
you're running -current. I'd not really thought about what was
involved in getting the 3c509 working, but if ISA support `just
works' in general, the 3c509 should be pretty easy to get working.
I've actually got an AXPpci33 motherboard and a 3c509, so I'll put
this on my list of Things To Try when I get the time to take that
motherboard out and get it up and running.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates