Subject: Re: NetBSD on Carrera Cobra 275 AXP
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/17/1997 13:44:39
> 	IIRC NetBSD/alpha didn't support the EB64+ until after 1.2 - you
> 	can download a -current snapshot from
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/970305
> 	You _might_ be able to get awy with just the ECOFF kernel
> 	from the snapshot, and the rest from the 1.2 CD, but if you
> 	have the time I'd recommend pulling the entire snapshot...

Well, that's a safe statement, since "some time in the future" can
safely be described as "after 1.2."  8-)

NetBSD/alpha currently does _not_ support the eb64+.

If you're interested in testing NetBSD/alpha boot floppies (i.e. your
eb64+ with SRM console also has a floppy drive), I can try to cobble
something together that might work.

Please send me private mail if you're interested in pursing this.

chris