Subject: 100Mb Full duplex on 21140?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/14/1997 22:02:42
Is it possible to get a DE500 (Digital DE500 DC21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.2)
into  100Mb full duplex mode with either the old or new if_de.c
drivers?

I have my srm console variable for this interface set to FastFD, and
I've tried all manner of link0,link1 etc combinations w/both the old &
new drivers.  The card is plugged into an AS500/266 running -current
supped today & connected to a port on a BaySwitch 28115 which is
configured for 100MB/Fd operation.

Btw, I think Chris is right about the new driver; I experienced a few
fatal traps when using this driver that I haven't seen with the old
one.  And I couldn't even get the new driver into 100Mb mode.

Thanks,

Drew

Duke University				Email:		gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Department of Computer Science		Phone:		(919) 660-6590