Subject: Re: can't build world
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@connect.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/11/1997 13:25:08
Berndt Josef Wulf writes:
> Luke Mewburn wrote
> [...]
> > > Yes, I am refering to the domestic libcrypt on netbsd.rmit.edu.au...
> >
> > If you can work out what the compile problems are, and fix them, then
> > mail them to me and I'll upload a new version of the source to
> > netbsd.rmit.edu.au.
>
> I am not an expert and just tried to satisfy my complaining compiler
> ;)
>
> Find below the patch for /usr/src/domestic/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c

I've applied this modification (albiet in a slightly different
location) to the source. See how it goes now.

However, I noticed a comment along the lines of:
 /*
  * This code assumes that u_longs are 32 bits.  It will probably not
  * operate on 64-bit machines without modifications.
  */
in the code.

Do the encrypt/decrypt routines work OK, or should I follow up with the
author of that version of crypt.c on getting the code to use u_int32_t
instead of u_long?