Subject: Re: ugh... de0 problems
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/1997 14:13:13
John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au> writes:

> > Either my mail didn't make it to this mailing list or
> > nobody is interested in the de0 device :)
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Umm, that's not quite true!

Not true at all.  Both my i386 and alpha have (differing versions of) the
de0 driver.

> I'm using the de driver on noname with -current:

I'm not certain about that.

My 21140 revision 1.2 chip will not work with the current driver, while the
2.0 revision chip does.

> > use to work fine before upgrading to NetBSD-current. I since
> > re-installed NetBSD-release...

I just backleveled the driver, which is getting harder to do sine the alpha
and i386 both share the same source tree.

I'm going to build a new kernel for the alpha (which has the 1.2 card) and
see what happens.

--Michael