Subject: Re: X11, XDM, and snapshot 970305
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/09/1997 10:29:14
cgd@cs.cmu.edu writes:

> idn'
> > >
> > > Uh, copying those files there actually even "gets rid of" that error?
> >
> > I'm pretty sure it did... (I believe a "ktrace xdm" indicated that it could
> n't
> > open the file, and so I suspected ld.elf_so wasn't looking in the right pla
> ce
> > for it..  I played a bit with setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> > /usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib, and when xdm still gave the error, I copied the
> > files, at which point it didn't complain any more.)
>
> Could you try this again, and send me the ktrace output, etc.?

I tried it again, but couldn't get the behavior I claimed to have seen... :-(

I could have sworn that's what I saw, but I've changed so many things
on my system in the last 24 hours that it's pretty hard to know what's
affecting what...  That, and I was playing briefly with the old xdm,
so maybe I wasn't running the version I thought I was when I saw the
problem "go away" :-(

Sorry for the misleading info...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA