Subject: Re: ISP chip support for NetBSD
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/1997 13:02:51
Matthew Jacob writes:

 > I've just completed a first pass at the Qlogic ISP SCSI host adapter
 > support. I've done a MI/MD type of thing, with PCI && SBus being the
 > MD portion.

Wonderful!

 > I've gotten things working on the Alpha 8400 port that I've been
 > doing (these are 'internal' ISPs), but I have limited test time on
 > this end of things. I'll be rounding off the SBus portion and if I
 > can get ahold of a PCI card, I'll check against i386 as well as the
 > Multia.
 >
 > However, there are other Alpha onboard implementations, I believe,
 > but for platforms I don't have.
 >
 > Would someone like to do some alpha (pun intended) testing for me?

I'd love to.  I have both AlphaStation 500 & 600's on which I'd be
happy to test your ISP driver for you.  I beleive the 600's have 2
ISP1020's (along with a tulip) sitting behind a pci<->pci bridge, and
the 500's have one 1020A sitting right on pci0. If the Digital UNIX
boot messages can be believed:

500:

isp0 at pci0 slot 9
isp0: QLOGIC ISP1020A
isp0: Firmware revision 2.10 (loaded by console)
isp0: StorageWorks signal reporting enabled
isp0: StorageWorks SHELF_OK signal transition reported
scsi0 at isp0 slot 0

600:
pci1000 at pci0 slot 8
tu0: DECchip 21040-AA: Revision: 2.3
tu0 at pci1000 slot 0
tu0: DEC TULIP Ethernet Interface,
 _hardware address: 08-00-2B-E7-90-AB
tu0: console mode: selecting UTP
 _(10BaseT) port: no link
isp0 at pci1000 slot 1
isp0: QLOGIC ISP1020
isp0: INFO: NVRAM parameters invalid,
 _using driver defaults
isp0: Firmware revision 2.10 (loaded
 _by console)
isp0: StorageWorks signal reporting
 _not enabled
scsi0 at isp0 slot 0
isp1 at pci1000 slot 2
isp1: QLOGIC ISP1020
isp1: INFO: NVRAM parameters invalid,
 _using driver defaults
isp1: Firmware revision 2.10 (loaded
 _by console)
isp1: StorageWorks signal reporting
scsi1 at isp1 slot 0

Many thanks for writing this driver!

Drew

Duke University				Email:		gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Department of Computer Science		Phone:		(919) 660-6590