Subject: Re: can't build world
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@connect.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/1997 13:22:32
Berndt Josef Wulf writes:
> John Birrell wrote
>> Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>>> There was a little hitch whilest building the domestic libcrypt in
>>> crypt.c. It complaint about strlen of being defined implicitly
>>> and because of -Werror it stopped there....
>>
>> Are you referring to the "domestic" libcrypt on netbsd.rmit.edu.au?
>> I haven't looked at that mirror lately, but it used to have a
>> "domestic" version of libcrypt that was domestic to Australia since
>> the U.S. domestic version is not supposed to be exported. If this is
>> still the case, then the bug needs to be reported to the maintainer
>> of netbsd.rmit.edu.au. [And if it is not the case, then forget I
>> said anything. 8-)].
>>
>> I use EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM= 1 in /etc/mk.conf so I don't have to bother
>> with stupid export rules.
>
> Yes, I am refering to the domestic libcrypt on netbsd.rmit.edu.au...

If you can work out what the compile problems are, and fix them, then
mail them to me and I'll upload a new version of the source to
netbsd.rmit.edu.au.

On a similar note, when I get some time I'm going to setup a
discussion list to talk about re-implementing a non-US domestic
tree. One initial thing would be to determine if, given the apparent
change in Australian export laws (from a US style to a free-er
Canadian style regime), whether an Australian written domestic tree
could be exported to other countries as a replacement for the non
exportable US domestic. (What a mouthful!)

More later on this.

--
Luke Mewburn
<lukem@connect.com.au>		Senior Sys Admin, connect.com.au