Subject: DEC Alpha 3000 300X
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Mc Namara <mmcnamar@gr-lakes.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/1997 01:19:03
Hi Everyone,

I have downloaded NetBSD 1.2, gunzip'd it, and completed a dd onto the
destination disk. After this was completed, I then proceeded to boot off
the new disk. The system followed its various init messages, then
proceeds to boot, then comes to the >> prompt. I have tried using the
boot -fl s <device> and I get the same result. The disk that dd'd the
image onto was the 1.05 disk. Is this a problem? Should the destination
disk have been created first with newfs then dd'd?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Matt
mmcnamar@gr-lakes.com