Subject: ELF_TOOLCHAIN -> ECOFF_TOOLCHAIN
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@CS.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/23/1997 15:53:35
FYI:

Previously, in the source tree, there were checks for the
ELF_TOOLCHAIN makefile definition.  If it was defined, stuff was build
in a way appropriate for the new ELF toolchain.

Since i'm going to be releasing a distribution containing the ELF
toolchain, etc., Real Soon Now, i've switched the checks to key on the
definition of ECOFF_TOOLCHAIN.

For those of you still using the old ECOFF toolchain, put:

ECOFF_TOOLCHAIN=

into your /etc/mk.conf file.

Re: that new distribution:

It was delayed a few days by the VM bugs in the MI kernel.  I'm doing
a (second!) test build now, and will hopefully do a final build
tonight.  If all goes well (and my testing tomorrow is successful 8-)
then it should be available on Monday afternoon.

chris