Subject: Re: Support for AXP Motherboard
To: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@corinne.mac.edu>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/1997 14:43:00
> dmcc21064a looks like a possible candidate.... Have you found anything in
> the documentation that says otherwise?

I though about that...

I have been told that if you have an EB164, you can get away with using the
firmware from a similar ALCOR based machine (AlphaStation 500?).  Following
that logic, I suppose I could flash the firmware from a similar APECS based
AlphaStation onto my Cabriolet.  However, I don't want *my* hardware to be
the guinea pig :-)

Does anyone know if the firmware license would prevent me from borrowing
someone's Alpha Firmware CD-ROM and using it to install the SRM console
onto my machine?

Carl