Subject: Re: Support for AXP Motherboard
To: Ben Tober <tober@bbnplanet.com>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/1997 13:53:29
> The AXPpci33 motherboard has only a PS/2-style keyboard connector (and it
> also has a PS/2-style mouse port right next to the keyboard connector - they
> are both miniature DIN connectors).  The keyboard connector is supported.

Only?  All of the AXPpci33's bundled with WindowsNT seem come with the
AT style keyboard connector.  The AXPpci33's sold with a Digital UNIX
license *always* come with the PS/2-style  mouse and keyboard jacks.

To quote the usenet advertisement:

: Two versions available - one with AT K/B connector, one with PS/2 and
: mouse connector.

[...]

> TGA framebuffer).  The mouse I am using is a DEC PC7XS-CA.  Note that my
> listing of model numbers for keyboard and mouse is not an endorsement, I'm
> just listing two components that happen to work with this motherboard.  By

Personally, I prefer using an LK461-AA on my Alpha hardware... :-)

Carl