Subject: Re: Support for AXP Motherboard
To: Mikael Nykvist <viper@nova.campus.luth.se>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/1997 12:16:54
[...]

> Yes, this motherbard is known as Noname AXPpci33 and its has
> been supported for a long while. Its a rather slow machine though.

Are both the PS/2 and AT keyboard connectors supported?

> I would say their Cabriolet deal is better.

Indeed they are.  I have seen them go for $700 with 2MB of L2 cache,
and a 275MHz 20164A (new).  However, I don't belive they are supported,
and it seems to be very difficult to obtain the SRM console for this
particular board (unless one can use the same firmware from other
APECS-based machines like the AlphaStation 255).

If you want to blow $2000 on Digital UNIX, you can get the "official"
SRM console on the Firmware CD-ROM :-)

Carl