Subject: Re: ld: unrecognized option `--no-whole-archive'
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/18/1997 08:53:37
gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com writes:

> Is this a problem with my toolchain, or /usr/share/mk/bsd.lib.mk?
> I have rebuilt everything from cygnus.tar.gz, so perhaps I'm missing
> something?

I saw the exact same problem when rebuilding the world from this weekend's
(Feb 15) tarballs.  (I didn't rebuild the cygnus stuff).  You'll note that the
error occurs when ld is trying to create a shared library, and shared lib
creation isn't supported under that version of "ld" (I'm assuming you don't
have the ELF toolchain yet).  I'm not too concerned about the error, as the
problem should "go away" when ELF arrives...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA