Subject: Re: On-line DEC Documentation
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/09/1997 23:53:35
I'd already sent Chris a pointer to copies of the ps.Z files, but for
the record:

>The DS3100 document is highly relevant for NetBSD, I don't know about
>the other documents.

The 5000/200 documentation is equally useful.  IIRC, the TC option
documentation isn't quite as exhaustive.

>It seems that similar documentation for the
>DS5000/1xx has never published electronically.

No similar documentation for the 5000/1xx, 5000/2x, or 5000/240 (or
r4000/r4400 upgrades) was ever publically released. The forma process
DEC required for such releases was quite time-consuming, and I beleive
the product line was cancelled before it ever happened.

The only documentation I've seen on those machines,
and on the 5400 and 5500, is marketing-level documentation.