Subject: On-line DEC Documentation
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG, port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/09/1997 23:58:25
So, as many of you know, i've slowly been growing a collection of DEC
documentation references and, when possible, on-line copies of
documentation.  I've spent the weekend seriously revamping the
collection.  It's still in need of a lot of work, but i thought i'd
point it out to you all.

It's at

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/

and at similar paths on mirrors.  (there's an index.html file in
there, so if you fire up your browser pointed to
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/index.html, something
good will happen.  8-)

For most of you, it's not likely to be very interesting right now,
because it only contains Alpha documentation and documentation on
recent Digital Semiconductor processors and peripheral chips.

However, I'd like to add on-line documentation for DEC's older
hardware, too.  If you know of on-line documentation (text,
PostScript, whatever) for other hardware (VAX, DECstation, option
boards), please get in touch with me.  (I know that there exist some
on-line docs for DECstation hardware, but don't have time to go track
them down.  Could somebody do this?)

later,

chris