Subject: Re: games/gomoku
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/1997 11:18:47
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Chris G Demetriou wrote:

> I would be tempted to add -lgnumalloc to gomoku's Makefile's LDADD
> variable, and something similar to its DPADD variable, but (if i
> recall) heretofore the "standard" policy has been that libgnumalloc
> shouldn't be used on programs outside of the src/gnu tree.

	I think FreeBSD has managed to do away with gnumalloc -
	IIRC someone over therehas come up with a much better 'gnulike'
	malloc under a BSD copyright, which they can then use
	everywhere...

	Is it worth someone looking into that?
	Would anyone be interested in the results of me pulling it down
	& compiling up my NetBSD boxen to use it?

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.