Subject: Re: games/gomoku
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/1997 13:16:27
Chris G Demetriou wrote:
> > The gomoku game that was recently added to the tree is not 64 bit clean.
> > Who is going to clean it up?
>
> I just did.  The diff is below.  Not very "unclean" after all.
> (In fact, it took longer to compile than it did to fix...)

Yeah, I asked before waiting for the compile. 8-)

> After it built, it seems to work fine.

Seems to work, yes. Let it run for a while playing (with) itself, and
without having looked at what the code does, I'd say that it has a
a memory leak. I started it this morning and promply forgot about it
since I was working on another machine. In just under 5 hours it has
grown to:

USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
root     27359  9.3 76.6 31944 19880 p1  R+    8:19AM   76:42.62 ./gomoku -c

and it has only completed 34 of whatever it is doing. The machine is now
busily swapping... Of course maybe that is what it is _supposed_ to do.
I dunno (don't play games).

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org           119 Cecil Street