Subject: Support for two eithernet cards on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/31/1996 10:15:52
Dear Alpha People,
   I have (or will have once my multia gets back from the repair shop) a
Multia and would like to have two eithernet cards attached to it - one to
the local LAN at home and the other to the ADSL line for internet access.

   It seems that the Multia has one PCI slot but it is taken up with the
NCR SCSI card (at least that is what I think) and the arangement is such
that a regular PCI card would not fit in the case.

   There are two PCMCIA slots and while PCMCIA is not supported by NetBSD
offically I recall there are some code available for the I386 port which
support PCMCIA (particularly for note book computers).

   Do the PCMCIA slots suffer from the same problems of the 16MB limit
with ISA DMA or would it be reasonably easy to make drivers for the PCMCIA
slots for an eithernet PCMCIA card?

johnh...