Subject: Re: Upgrading AXPpci33 firmware
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@auchentoshan.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/30/1996 19:47:34
> You want the firware from:
>
> ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v3.8/decaxppci33/decaxppci33_v1_6.sys (or .exe).

(This is mostly a random comment...)

I discovered the new firmware images (for those of you who haven't
looked yet, it looks like the v3.8 images were uploaded around
December 11) yesterday, and noticed that there's no multia firmware
image in the set.  That means that people are still stuck with using
the 'interim' firmware version (which is buggy), or the not-too-public
one that I have (which is not-too-public 8-)...

Anybody know _why_ a new set of multia firmware wasn't released?
And/or future plans in this area?  I realize that from DEC's
perspective, the multia is a Very Dead box, but since DEC apparently
went to all that effort to hold the fire sale that got them out to the
public at low prices, you'd think they were going to at least support
them a little...

chris