Subject: Re: TCSH/BASH and Installboot
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Erik Johannessen <erik@docunetworks.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/28/1996 08:47:56
> Hello....
>
> I don't know about BASH, but I am happly running TCSH 6.06.  There was
> one minor change, an addition to the host.defs file, as it didn't know
> what a NetBSD/alpha machine was:
>
> vendor  : defined(sun3)                                 : "sun"
> +vendor  : defined(__alpha__)                            : "dec"
> hosttype:                                               : "NetBSD"
> ostype  :                                               : "NetBSD"
> machtype: defined(sparc)                                : "sparc"
> machtype: defined(mc68020)                              : "m68k"
> machtype: defined(i386)                                 : "i386"
> machtype: defined(pmax)                                 : "i860"
> machtype: defined(pc532)                                : "pc532"
> +machtype: defined(__alpha__)                            : "alpha"
> enddef  :
>
> The lines with a '+' as the first character are the ones to add.
>
> I think a standard 'xmkmf' will create all the proper Makefiles and
> the like.

Ok, I did all this, and tcsh compiled without a single warning *phew* but
the output is still mangled. This is what ls gives me:
gumby# ls
.aubconf                .pinerc                 tcsh-6.06
                                                         .cshrc
.
tin                     tcsh-6.06.tar.gz
                                        .login                  Mail
csh.readme
          .newsrc                       News                    top-3.3

.oldnewsr
c               aub.perl                top-3.3-netbsd.tar
                                                          .pine-debug1
ail
   gumby#

what gives?

---

Erik Johannessen - System Administrator | One of the advantages of being
Email:erik@docunetworks.com             | disorderly is that one is
Voice:1-612-550-9552                    | constantly making exciting
Fax:1-612-550-9552			| discoveries.      - A. A. Milne