Subject: TCSH/BASH and Installboot
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Johannessen <erik@docunetworks.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/27/1996 20:46:22
We just installed NetBSD/alpha on a noname machine, we got it up and
running using the rz-25 diskimage, but we have a few problems:

1st: We installed it on /dev/sd1 , now we want to set up /dev/sd0 to be
the boot drive, but installboot won't let us do it. I've read the faq,
tried what it suggested, but that just gives us device busy.

2nd: I have tried both bash and tcsh, but both of them, after compiling,
will give me badly formatted output on ls / echo etc. Any suggestions on
how to fix this?

This is NetBSD 1.2 btw, and we are running the bin.tar.gz and etc.tar.gz
snapshot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erik Johannessen - System Administrator | One of the advantages of being
Email:erik@docunetworks.com             | disorderly is that one is
Voice:1-612-550-9552                    | constantly making exciting
Fax:1-612-550-9552			| discoveries.      - A. A. Milne