Subject: Re: When is ELF coming?
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/21/1996 23:14:04
On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, John Birrell wrote:

> I just accepted that Chris would have a good reason for doing all
> that work on gnu tools (knowing how he *loves* gnu's copyleft 8-).

Well, I suspect that there's a huge pile of work to be done on the
gnu tools either way. I suspect that all of the a.out shared lib
stuff is stuff that was hacked into NetBSD. I couldn't get a
gcc-2.7.2/binutils-2.7 environment to link dynamic executables.

I'd be willing to have a go at some of this work, but I work very
slowly.

I'm not a big fan of copyleft, either. It's not as bad as that
hideous indentation style, though, which seems to combine the
disadvantages of every indentation system on the planet.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.