Subject: dump/restore problem...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/19/1996 18:20:39
Hello,

I am not able to dump and restore a filesystem (my root fs to be precise)
My system is a 266Mhz UDB running NetBSD-alpha 1.2. The (a) command line
example that fails is:

dump 0f - /dev/sd0a | restore -rf -

resulting in a checksum error (by restore).
when dumping to a file I have not been able to read it on another
system using that restore.

Has this problem been reported (and solved?) yet. Is there a patch?
Or can anybody please tell me how to copy a root filesystem from one
disk to another (type of) disk????

Thanks,

{ Feico Dillema,                                                        }
{ Faculty of Computer Science / TIOS, Phone UT: +31.53.4894099          }
{ University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands }
{ ........ Look! Windows'95. But kids, don't try this at home ......... }