Subject: Re: panic: wscons_emul_attach: bogus location on 3000/900?
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@bbnplanet.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1996 16:03:48
> wscons0 at sfb0panic: wscons_emul_attach: bogus location (n: 0/0, c: 0/0
> halted.
>
> Attached is a transcript of the boot.
>
> This is with the most recent firmware (6.8) as well as 6.7.
> There is no "interim"  firmware available for the 3000/900
> on ftp.digital.com.
>
> Any suggestions?

I assume it's detecing an `sfb0' device that you don't actually
have in the system. (At least, this was the case with the pcivga0
device I don't have when I had buggy firmware and was trying to
boot serially.)

If you build a kernel without that device and the wscons device,
you might be ok. That fixed it for me until I got new firmware.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.