Subject: Re: Getting out of `Eh?' Debugger
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/08/1996 08:36:59
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Chris G Demetriou wrote:

> > Often when I do a shutdown (-h or -r) on my Multia, it generates
> > all sorts of interesting exceptions and debugging information, and
> > eventually drops me into some sort of monitor without a prompt that
> > prints `Eh?' in response to commands it doesn't understand. Is
> > there an easy way to get from this back to the SRM monitor without
> > power-cycling the machine?
>
> So, you said (in another piece of mail) that this was (and the other
> problems were) fixed by that new firmware image, correct?

Well, it hasn't dropped into this debugger thingie again, though
I wouldn't want to be that the `Eh?' software isn't still lurking
in there somewhere. :-)

> i've never, ever, seen any revision of DEC firmware for any machine
> say "Eh?" and I think i'm thankful for that... 8-)

Well, from up here in Canada it felt kind of homey and familiar. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.