Subject: Re: Support for EB64+ Motherboard
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/25/1996 20:23:15
> Will NetBSD run on the EB64+ Alpha motherboard? (See
> <http://www.dcginc.com/eb64p.htm> for specs.) I didn't see
> any mention of it in the supported hardware list, but th
> hardware looks pretty compatable.

"pretty," but not "completely."

I've never seen programming docs for the EB64 or EB64+ boards.  I
don't think it'd be easy to make them go, but they do not currently
work with NetBSD.  As far as I know, Alpha Linux supports them, so it
shouldn't be too hard to use their code as documentation, if no real
documentation exists.

If you get one of these boards, I can safely (as long as i'm still
hacking NetBSD, and all that 8-) promise that i'll make your system
work, as long as you're willing to test the kernels that try to add
that support, for me...  8-)

chris