Subject: Re: PPP problems on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/18/1996 13:26:25
Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu writes:
> well, i suppose:
>
> do you see the send & receive lights on your modem blinking, when you
> send this and should be receiving a response?

No, I don't... and that's what's really bugging me... (I do see them when I've
got the Amiga connected to the modem, so it's not just my eyes :-) )

> It could be everything is going right except incoming packet
> reception...

I don't believe they are making it out...  What I know I *should* do (and
havn't done yet) is to hook another machine up to the serial port, and run
pppd without the chat stuff...

> ACTUALLY:
>
> in machdep.c: include "ppp.h", change the #ifdef PPP to #if NPPP > 0

I looked at that code a couple of times now, and didn't notice the missing "N"!
(I even compared those lines with similar lines in other architectures, and
didn't notice the difference... sheesh :-/ )

> tell me if that fixes it.

I don't know if it will fix it (I'll obviously have to add in:

  #if NPPP > 0
  #include <net/ppp_defs.h>
  #include <net/if_ppp.h>
  #endif

to that file as well.) but I'll certainly give it a shot.  It'll probably be
about 6 hours (around 5:30pm CST) till I get to check this (I'm at work now)
but I'll let you know the results as soon as I do...

Thanks.

Later...

Greg Oster