Subject: Re: Ethernet Auto-sensing on Multia's
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/24/1996 16:33:20
matt@lkg.dec.com writes:

> In  <199609242201.QAA07040@skorpio3.usask.ca> , you wrote:
> > Are there any known problems with NetBSD 1.2 auto-sensing the 10base2
> > Ethernet connection on a DEC Multia [21066, 166MHz, 24MB RAM]?
>
> Yes there are known problems.  (ie it don't work).

:-(  Well, I'm really glad I asked the question  -- I thought I was just doing
something wrong... :-/

> I have a de driver with appropriate modifications but I still haven't gotten
> the 10base2 connector to work.  It's really frustrating.

Is this code available for banging around with?  I'd certainly be willing to
muck with it... (no guarantees that I'll be able to provide any useful help
though :) )

Thanks for the super fast response...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA