Subject: Re: Alpha 8x00 ISP SCSI host adapter driver
To: None <gallatin@CS.Duke.EDU>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/18/1996 09:05:17
>From gallatin@bobcat.cs.duke.edu Wed Sep 18 06:10:22 1996
>I'll be the first to admit that I may have bitten off a little more
>than I can chew in undertaking the port.  As Jason Thorpe mentions,
>the Linux driver would need a near complete rewrite to work under
>NetBSD, and I've never done anything of that magnitude before.  I
>certainly wouldn't object if you wanted to help out ;-)

I've done this kind of stuff before. It's mostly a question of whether
or not my NASA contract masters will allow me to work on this. They should,
but I probably won't start on it until a month from now. That should
fit in nicely with net booting (thanks, Chris!) which would shorten
the debug cycle.

-matt