Subject: What kind of SCSI interface on the UDB
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.wheaton.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/17/1996 21:40:52
Dear Alpha People,
   I have ordered a UDB Alpha and will be installing NetBSD on it.
I'm excited to hear that shared libraries are near.  I understand in the
install process you need a scsi drive which you can put an immage on
with another system and then boot off of the "borrowed" drive.  I have
a drive which plugs into a DecStation - 3100.  Is this the same SCSI
connector on the UDB?
   I'm hopeing I can write the miniroot on the spare SCSI drive on the
DS3100 and move it over to the Alpha for booting.

   Also I remember people indicating that HP SCSI drives seem to have
problems with UDB and NetBSD.  I open for suggestions for best drive
to get which is external for the UDB and NetBSD.

   Thanks for any pointers.
johnh...