Subject: Re: Alpha notebook
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/13/1996 18:39:45
> I found an intersting new machine, described at
>
> 	http://www.tadpole.com/Products/alphads.html
>
> Are there any chances, NetBSD will run on this?

Well, i suppose there's a chance (if it supports the OSF/1 PALcode),
since NetBSD runs on hardware that (at least in terms of CPU, etc.) is
very similar

I'd guess that it either behaves like an axppci33 (i.e. multia, udb,
and several other similar systems) or like an eb6[68]*.  If the former
(and if OSF/1 PALcode is present), it should Just Work (modulo power
management stuff which may cause headaches).  If the latter, it won't
work yet.

Given the specs i saw on it, X won't run on it (PCI VGA) but that's
no big surprise.

If you want to buy me one, i'll do what I can to make it work...  8-)

chris