Subject: Re: Is there a WAIS or index of the alpha archives?
To: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@cc.odu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/1996 12:06:32
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, John C. Hayward wrote:

> Dear Alpha people,
>    I am trying to decide if a CTX monitor will work on the alpha APX with
> TGA PCI video.  Someone earlier refered to the Chris's information on
> what video modes were supported on this port as being in the archives.

I'm far from a DEC hardware expert, but I do know that the UDB's (which
have TGA PCI-bus video) support up to 1280x1024, with 60Hz to 75Hz refresh
rate.  This is from http://www.digital.com:80/.i/info/udb/udblook.htm.

You can probably match this just fine with the CTX, but don't ask me how
the different modes are set on the machine itself.  :)

good luck,
Jonathan