Subject: Re: Another NetBSD/Alpha 1.2_ALPHA snapshot (960615) available!
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/1996 12:46:36
> this doesn't match with my experience.  i've mounted separate
> partitions from a sunos cdrom (4.2 ufs format), under netbsd/sparc.

I have a hard time believing this, since there's no path through the
'cd' driver that _I_ can see that would actually read a disklabel off
of a disk...  if you read through the 'cdopen' path, there's quite
obviously no place that even thinks about reading a disklabel off the
disk.  How long ago did you do this?

I'm going to have to burn (and, effectively, waste) a CD to test this
in any case, so i suppose i'll know 'the real answer' in a few days
anyway.

chris