Subject: Re: differences between UDB (Multia) and DEC AXPpci TEOM board.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/29/1996 21:25:35
> 	IRQ3 & IRQ4 are level sensitive on the Multia and edge
> 	sensitive on the AXPpci33.

One sort of has to wonder if that's intentional...  I suppose it could
be worked around, but that doesn't explain the other weirdness that
Multia users have reported (e.g. the unknown PCI devices).

Could a Multia user with a serial console send me the output of the
console commands 'show conf' and 'show dev'?

As an aside, Given the "Multia" and normal AXPpci's report the same
system type variation (0), one wonders why their firmware is
apparently so radically different...

> 	IRQ9 is used as an ISA interrupt for the WSS while on the
> 	AXPpci33 it is used as one of the PCI interrupts.

This doesn't entirely parse, in context...

Assuming that interrupt routing works the same way for both sets of
systems, this should have no real effect on the software running on
them...  For the machines with the WSS, the firmware won't configure
the PIRQ registers in the System I/O chip to use IRQ 9, and in the
machine without, it will...

chris